Looking for accountability: Side Projects Week Two

What I worked on

It has been more difficult to find the time this week. I managed to squeeze in a few hours this week-end. So, the catalog is starting to take form. The game’s cards are classified by classes and sorted by mana cost. I added previous/next buttons to switch pages ( 14 cards are displayed on each page ). I had a little challenge when I had to switch from one character to the next. When you click next and the current character has no more cards, the application switch to the next character and displays its cards. Took me some time to figure out though.

I mostly worked on the HomePage this week-end. I styled the navigation bar slightly, and I added buttons for the Add new game and Create new deck actions. The new game action opens a modal where the user can choose 4 things:

  • its class
  • its opponent’s class
  • its deck
  • the outcome of the deck

The modal is done and the front-end logic is handled.

Next week goals and code

For this week, I will try to finish the new game functionality by inserting them in a database and listing them on the front-end. I think the future statistics page will display a list of the latest games saved. Then, I will start the creation of the new deck functionality. This might take a while. Not quite sure how a want to do it yet. I think I will add an action on each card in the catalog to allow the user to add the card to a deck.

The code can be found here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*